Eric Vintimilla, MS, CSM
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
A proven record of success in designing, developing, and documenting new innovative applications. Coordinated projects while working with people of varying position and functional areas while consistently streamlining business processes and managing multiple projects delivered on time. I possess exceptional communication and presentation skills and the ability to develop and lead high-performance teams. Human Dynamo and moral booster. I don’t like to pigeonhole myself. I pride myself on the fact that I’m the Swiss Army Knife of any team: I readily adapt to any situation and I thrive in a challenge. I excel in big-picture thinking.
Responsible for full lifecycle design and development of AirWatch’s portal applications that allow for automation of processes and access for external customers. Work in a fast-paced, Agile-based environment and focus on cutting-edge distributed SaaS-based applications. Expand existing capabilities and engineer new projects from scratch.
- Work as an integral member of the myAirWatch product team; a small, autonomous group within the Research and Development Team at AirWatch.
- Work side by side with UI and other developers in producing innovative applications that support the optimization of customer experiences with the myAirWatch product.
- Translate business requirements into elegant designs to engineer through to a finished product for release.
- Maintain usable development and test environments with Git and other tools to deliver applications in a reliable and efficient process.
- Lead a team of software engineers and steer the Scrum process.
Work as an Engineer and Scrum Master in order to improve Shoutlet’s Social Media analytics capabilities. This includes adding new features (and debugging existing ones) which interact with various Social Media APIs, such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Sina Weibo. Also involves debugging issues, generating dynamic charts based on big data, and architecting better methods for handling data and changes.
- Write object-oriented front-end application code that seamlessly integrates with back-end systems.
- Create asynchronous systems to dynamically modify and present data on screen. Execute through code complex designs that reflect the creative and art direction provided within the established technical framework.
- Shift between a creative and a technical focus depending on the project need and/or the type of project.
- Participate in writing detailed level technical and functional specifications documentation.
- Follow and promote UI/UX best practices and current web standards.
- Act as a Senior member of the team in order to mentor junior members and set direction.
- Work as the Scrum Master in order to lead and facilitate team productivity.
Acted as Lead on a Scrum team to architect and build Oracle’s Paid Media product, which allows better management of Facebook ad buying.
- Development in Ruby on Rails.
- Front-End development in backbone.js and bootstrap.js
- Database and query optimizations in PostgreSQL.
- Functional and unit testing: Watir, Rspec.
- Used technologies such as Redis and RabbitMQ
- Server administration on linux machines (Ubuntu).
- Application development in PHP on Symfony MVC Framework.
- Database and query optimizations in MySQL.
- Functional and unit testing.
- Server administration on linux machines.
- Technical Product Support.
Worked as part of a team to maintain and develop new additions to the hospital intranet, which hosts departmental sites as well as clinical applications. Interfaced with clients (doctors, administrators, and nurses) to gather requirements and solve workflow issues. Utilized technologies such as Coldfusion, Framework1, and jQuery to develop innovative solutions. Helped coordinate development and testing tasks during software and operating system upgrades. Worked as a team member and also lead projects.
Work with doctors, nurses, researchers, and business administrators to create more efficient procedures in the NCI-Designated Cancer Center and the Medical Oncology Department, while adhering to HIPAA rules for personal health information. Worked solo or on teams to develop web applications in an open-source environment, using technology such as Linux, PHP, Apache, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Bash scripting, Perl, Subversion revision control system, and Java). Administered a Virtual Windows server that ran IIS and MS SQL Server and functioned as a networked file server. Performed analyzes of cancer center data in order to build reports for Administrators. Worked as both a team member and a team lead.
Interacted with internal clients to gather and meet requirements and designed, developed, and supported applications for the company web portal. Developed desktop software, Windows services, and web applications in a .Net environment (both C# and VB .Net). Worked with external auditors and server administrators to improve department policies and procedures in order to meet SAS 70 guidelines for safeguarding customer data.
Maintained and updated all office systems, including Windows 2000/2003 and SQL 2000 servers. Provided desk-side technical support to employees (hardware installations and software updates). Created and managed e-commerce sites for clients.
Communicated with customers via phone and email in order to assist them with client-side application configuration questions (email, FTP, MS FrontPage, Dreamweaver) and server-side issues (SQL Server, MySQL, SSH/FTP, Apache, IIS, PHP).
Ensured accuracy in business reports for clients. Developed MS Word macros to help department employees improve productivity.
Taught classes as a long-term Substitute Teacher for their Spanish curriculum.
Worked as the Head English Professor and designed the language curriculum for a small university in Quito, Ecuador.
Studies focused on the software development life cycle, IT project management, database design, human-computer interaction, and data mining. Created working prototypes for numerous web site and desktop projects, as well as an Android-based smartphone application.
This program concentrated on the history, geography, and political systems in Latin America. Also minored in Computer Science and studied hardware configuration, software development, and system security.
Vintimilla, Eric M. “Building a FreeBSD Wireless Router.” BSD Magazine Mar. 2009: 36-38.
Vintimilla, Eric M. “LDAP on FreeBSD.” BSD Magazine Feb. 2010: 38-42.
Vintimilla, Eric M. “The FreeBSD Chatterbox.” BSD Magazine Jan. 2010: 30-31.
Vintimilla, Eric M. “Using FreeBSD for Off-Site Backups.” BSD Magazine Feb. 2009: 30-31.